Saturday, October 18, 2008

District 42 Memories

I would like to know if anyone has ever mentioned district 42?

It was about 5 miles east of Haigler and I think Mrs.Coons was a teacher. Some of the kids that went to school there were the Chrisian boys, the Bush boys, the Crouse kids, Calvin Coons and the Wills family which had about 5 kids and my sister Helen, my brother Herb and myself all went there, too. This is just some of the kids that I remember.

Do you have a record of this country school?

I have never seen anyone talk about district 42 at all so was just wondering. It was torn down years ago.

If you have any history of this school would you please let me and others know.
-- Gene Pennell
***
Comments:
GENE, I REMEMBER VAGUELY MY SISTER JOANN WEBSTER HAS A BOOK OF ALL DUNDY COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICTS.
THERE WERE SO MANY DISTRICTS THAT IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE. SOOOO!! MANY. I DONT REMEMBER IF ANY ARTICLES ARE PUBLISHED IN THAT BOOK. SATURDAY IS FREE CELL PHONE TIME, I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER TO ASK HER THEN.

DALLAS

***
District 42 didn't have any water so family's took turns to bring it every week.When it was our turn we got a cream can full and put it in a wagon and hauled it to the school.The school had a barn where we could ride our horse's to school and bring hay to feed them.We lived about a mile and half from school.And when I rode my horse to school I would tie the reins around his neck and head him toward the house and he would go home.
Gene Pennell

***
At one time the teacher was Mrytle Kuhns. Her maiden name was Johnson and she was the mother of Calvin Kuhns who died in a hunting accident at the age of sixteen. Later children attending were Stute's, Simms and Walter's.

The building has been gone for years.
Calvin

No comments: